How big should your riding arena be?
Riding Arena’s come in a number of sizes depending on your intended use and budget. To assist you in your selection here are some of the standard arena sizes:
- Pleasure Riding Arena: 60′ x 120′.
- Small Dressage Arena: 66′ x 131′ (20 m x 40 m).
- Large Dressage Arena: 66′ x 197′ (20 m x 60 m)
- Reining Arena: 100′ x 200′ minimum, 150′ x 300′ better
- Working Cow (Reigning Cow) Arena: 60′ x 120′ min, 75′ x 165′ better. If the arena gets too wide (over 100′) or too long (over 280′) the arena will be less suitable for this event.
- Hunter/Jumper Arena: 150′ x 300′, bigger would be better. The arena size will depend greatly on the class of jumpers and the course design that you will be hosting.
- Driving Arena: 130′ x 260′
- Round Pens and Lunging Pens. Round Pens tend to have a diameter of 50′ to 60′. Follow this link for more information on Hi-Hog’s round pens.
Click on the green circle in the top left corner to see more sample arena’s.