Hi-Hog offers three styles of multi-bale feeder; Tombstone, Slant-Bar and Hurricane.
This cattle feeder is also popular for feeding bison and horses.
To assemble this feeder, combine two of the round bale tombstone feeder panels (two thirds of an item 954), with two fence line tombstone feeder panels (you can choose from several tombstone feeder panel lengths).
The tombstone system provides improved access for horses as well as horned livestock such as cattle or bison.
- For details on the components see tombstone feeder panels, or tombstone round bale feeder
- 2-3/8” OD, for the panel frame
- 1.9” OD, 14 ga, for the tombstone hoops
- 1” OD, 14 ga. for the interior vertical inside the tombstone hoops
For details on the components see tombstone feeder panels, or tombstone round bale feeder.
Insert Table showing Inside Dimension / outside dimension / # Feeding positions, based on panel combinations.
This is a rugged round bale feeder for the cow / calf operator.
To assemble this feeder simply combine two 8’-5” straight Hurricane Feeder Panels (item 1245) with two 14’-8” straight Hurricane Feeder Panels (Item 1246). The panels pin together to create a rigid corner brace.
NOTE: This feeder can be extended by using an 8’ U-Spreader (№ 1743) between the 14’-8” feeder panels.
NOTE: Both of the feeder panels can also be used as fence line feeder panels.
- The bale saver stanchions project inwards to reduce feed waste
- Four hurricane feeder panels pin together to create a solid cow/calf feeder
- The long feeder panels are 14’-8” long
- The short feeder panels are 8’-5” long
- The panels pin together to create a rigid corner brace
- The corner stanchions are closed off to block feed access
- 30 feeding positions
- The frames ends are 1.9” OD 12-gauge
- The frames rails are 2-3/8" OD (0.125 wall)
- The stanchions are 1-1/2”, 14-gauge
- The 22” high base is sheeted on the outside with 16-gauge sheet metal
- Inside dimension: 12'-8" x 6'-5"
- Outside diameter: 14’-8” x 8’-5”
- Stanchion opening horizontal width: ~ 13.5”
- Feeder Height: 60”
- Feeder Weight: 858 lbs.
- Combine two of item 1245 and two of item 1246
The individual feeder panels can also be used as fence line feeder panels.
Combine slantbar feeder panels, traditionally used in a fence line, to create a multi-bale or two-bale livestock feeder.
- Slantbar deters livestock from crawling into the feeder
- A double top rail provides additional panel strength
- Tubing ends have been coned to eliminate sharp edges
- 1-1/2” OD, 14 ga. for the top rail
- 1.9” OD, 12 ga for the two interior horizontals
- 1.9 OD 14 ga. for the bottom horizontal and outside verticals
- The slantbar stanchions are 1-5/16” OD, 0.125 wall
- NOTE: The 16’ long slantbar feeder panel is built heavier
- Panels are 60” high
Specifications for feeder sizes and weights will vary with the panels you choose to build your multi-bale slantbar feeder.