Arrow sorting pens are critical to the success of rodeo timed events where competitors draw for their calf or steer. Neither the cowboys nor the audience want to wait while you struggle to cut a specific animal out of a pen full of calves or steers. With Hi-Hog's calf and steer sorting arrow you don't have to.
The arrow sorting system makes sorting a breeze. Simply cut your stock into their own individual pens. It doesn't matter which pen each animal is in as you only need to release the animal that has been drawn.
The 12’ long x 5’ high diagonal sorting panels include four smaller stock gates with connector pins. 8' long x 5' high heavy duty panels are pinned to the diagonal sorting panels to create a set of four one-animal pens. The stock are held side-by-side so there is little isolation stress.
By extending the sorting alley and/or mirroring the sorting alley you can increase the number of pre-sort pens in multiples of four.
- Item 3340, Diagonal Feed Sorting Panel - Left Hand Entry, 255 lbs.
- Item 3341, Diagonal Feed Sorting Panel – Right Hand Entry, 255 lbs.
- Item 3350, 24” wide Steer Alley Spreader – 38 lbs.
- Item 3360, 24” wide Steer Alley Spreader with Gate – 72 lbs.
The panels can be either heavy duty panels or corral panels (in the samples below we have used Corral panels)
- Item 820, 8’ Long x 5’ high Heavy Duty panel – 87 lbs.
- Item 840, 12’ Long x 5’ high Heavy Duty panel – 123 lbs.
- Item 760, 8' Long x 5' high Corral panel - 66 lbs.
- Item 780, 12' Long x 5' high Corral panel - 93 lbs.
Arrow Sorting Pens, diagonal feed sorting pens, herringbone sorting pens, timed event sorting pens, steer sorting pens, calf sorting pens, pre-sorting timed event pens