Hi-Hog has been helping ranchers improve their cattle handling facilities since 1974. Our experience tells us that the best livestock handling solution for you is a solution that is created just for you. And why wouldn’t it be? After all, your experiences, preferences, site, and herd management requirements are uniquely yours.
Hi-Hog carries an extensive collection of livestock products which share a common connector system. This connector system offers superior flexibility to create an outstanding custom solution for your individual ranch requirements.
Hi-Hog's experienced design staff will work with you to develop a solution that suits your site and cattle management needs.
When you contact Hi-Hog's design staff they will ask you a few simple questions to help them understand what your corral or handling system needs are. Here are some of the questions you may be asked:
Tell us about your cattle
- How many cattle do you have?
- How many cattle do you plan to work in one session?
- Do you plan to grow or reduce your herd size?
- Cow/calf, backgrounders, or feed lot operation?
Tell us about your corral needs
- Do you want a portable or permanent installation?
- Do you need to pre-sort any cattle (before handling)?
- Do you need to post-sort any cattle (after handling)?
- Do you need to hold any animals for more than a few hours (do you need pens with access to feed and water)?
- Do you want a sick pen?
- Do you need to do any group weighing?
- Do you have specific livestock (un)loading requirements?
Tell us about your cattle handling needs
- How long would you like your working alley to be?
Do you plan to do any work in the working alley?
- Do you want to sort animals out of the tub/working alley?
- What kinds of processes will you be performing?
- Does your squeeze chute need to be in a specific location?
- Does your tub/Bud Box need to be in a specific location?
- Does your loading chute need to be in a specific location?
- Does your calf table need to be in a specific location?
Tell us about your equipment preferences
- Crowding tub/sweep or Bud Box?
- Double alley or single file alley?
- Adjustable width alley or fixed width alley?
- Fixed width or adjustable width palpation cage?
- Do you wish to sort out of your alley?
- Do you want any rolling doors in your system?
- Manual or hydraulic cattle squeeze chute
- If manual do you want it with a neck extender?
- If hydraulic do you want it with gas or electric power pack?
- Do you need a stationary or portable livestock loading chute?
- Do you need a calf tipping table?
Tell us about your site
- Provide a dimensioned sketch of your site (unless the site is completely clear). Your sketch does not need to be beautiful or to scale
- If the site has any obstructions or important physical features that the corrals or handling system needs to work around please identify them
- If the site is inside of a barn please provide the inside dimensions of the barn as well as any physical features that may impact the design.
- Indicate how/where your cattle will enter your corrals/system
- Indicate how/where your cattle will exit the corrals/system
- Include a NORTH arrow so our designers can orient their drawing correctly
- Optional. If the site is outdoors and you can provide your GPS coordinates this can help our designers to overlay their drawing on top of a google satellite view of your site (need to know the length of one element in the image to scale the image appropriately.
If you don't have all the answers, don't worry. Our friendly and patient design professionals have been helping ranchers since 1974. Their only goal is to develop a solution that meets your needs.
Before you contact Hi-Hog you may also wish to look at our sample cattle handling systems and sample cattle corrals to see if there are any existing sample plans that are close to what you are looking for.
Additionally, you might also review Hi-Hog's guide to designing cattle corrals.
We look forward to helping you. Contact Hi-Hog