The versatile calving chute / trimming chute is very popular with vet clinics, 4-H’ers, and ranchers.
|Item #||Description||Weight (lbs)|
|125||Calving/Trimming Chute - complete||850|
Ideal for calving heifers, grooming show cattle, or performing general treatments such as pregnancy tests, semen checks, embryo transfers, C-Sections, starting calves, milking out cows, treating utters, or treating feet.
The calving chute includes all the core features of our larger calving enclosure. Like the calving pen the calving/trimming chute provides full access to both sides of your animal. The included connectors make it easy to integrate this chute with existing Hi-Hog penning.
A rugged calving chute
- The calving chute comes with our rugged self-catch calving head gate (Item 110). This head gate is based on our Parallel Axis Squeeze Chute Head Gate (Item 100) and is identical to the head gate on our calving pen / maternity pen (Item 1130)
- The self-catch head gate sets quickly with a simple chain set. As long as the chain is set to the correct width you should never miss an animal
- The head gate opens full width in, and full width out, to avoid hip-lock
- The head gate has three adjustments on each side, at both the top and the bottom. The makes it a very versatile chute capable of holding new born calves right up to mature bulls
- If you're preparing unbroken livestock for show you will appreciate the included heavy duty head tie-up bar (Item 126).
- The chute includes a solid reinforced steel checker plate floor for superior durability
- The floor includes heavy traction bars welded in two directions for livestock stability
- Because the animal is standing on the floor they can’t run away with the chute
- Ratchets in the rear of the calving chute floor allow the 66″ high side split panels to be safely and securely squeezed together to hold your animal centered in the chute
- The included tail chain can be latched across the rear of the calving chute to hold your cow securely.
Durability – Flexibility – Accessibility – Stability
- The chute includes four independent split panels hinged at the head gate
- The upper and lower split panels can be latched together to act as one side panel
- Swing the bottom panel out on either side of the chute to give access for a calf to get started on the cow
- Swing all the side panels out and insert the included grooming posts in one of the two receivers on each side of the chute floor to have full access to your livestock for unrestricted trimming and grooming.
Integrates easily into your calving facility
- There are enormous stresses where the head gate is attached to the steel floor which is why Hi-Hog has extended braces to provide additional durability
- The calving chute comes with connectors on all four corners of the chute so you can connect with any of Hi-Hogs panels. This makes it possible to easily add panels to make a calving pen or to integrate this item in with your calving barn penning
- Add a palpation cage to the back and this chute makes an inexpensive starter squeeze chute.
Calving Chute: Grooming Chute, Livestock Treatment Chute, 4-H Chute